A Book Worms Blog

. . .

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sock Snatching Ninja Dog

My family has two 5 month old Basset hounds and an 11 year old cat.
I've always been a rather large fan of dogs and really enjoy cats now that I'm not as allergic to them.

I love that no matter what, your puppy will always love you and just want your affection and some cuddles. Even when they steal your socks, it's just because they've decided you need some exercise so you are more relaxed when it's petting time.

Although when it comes to my brothers not one of them could ever be my favourite because of how unique they are, I do find myself becoming a tad more attached to one of the dogs. They are Smokey and Bandit, adorable and very very affectionate.
However, Bandit is my puppy. He responds to me best, shadows me the most and just chose me. I've also noticed one of the most adorable habits in the entire world starting to form.
Every night my Mom lets the puppies out (to be called "Bandokey" from now on, a phrase my Mom coined after saying their names too fast) and then brings them into their kennel in the bedroom. The last couple days, I've noticed that while Smokey will follow my Mom straight into the bedroom (Smokey appears to have picked her) , Bandit will come into the living room and sit beside my feet, demanding attention until I give him a kiss. Once he's received his kiss, he promptly trots off towards the bedroom and goes to bed.

I've decided this may be my favourite night-time ritual (this may even rival mine and my Moms tradition of Beatles and Batman) and don't expect it to change any time soon.

Maybe I'm just deluding myself into believing this, but the evidence is clear, and I've decided that even if it's just my delusion, I like it.

-Mouse

"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'"
Dave Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment